West by Southwest to Stickney

Chapter 6 Photos, 1–20

(photos 21–45 here)

Central Area Water Reclamation Plants

Show More

© 2020 by Everything Goes Media, LLC

Conspire Creative

Everything Goes Media

Lake Claremont Press

Lake Claremont Press: A Chicago Joint

S. Woodhouse Books

Photo 6.2

The main building for the Des Plaines plant, July 8, 1924, contained a laboratory, maintenance shop and electrical substation, as well as sewage pumps and aeration tank blowers. New landscaping around the building improved the appearance for public visitors. The smaller building at right contained coarse and fine screens. Open grit tanks occupied the space between the buildings. (MWRD photo 10863)