West by Southwest to Stickney

Chapter 4 Photos, 1–37

(photos 38–73 here)

Extending the Sanitary & Ship Canal

Show More

© 2020 by Everything Goes Media, LLC

Conspire Creative

Everything Goes Media

Lake Claremont Press

Lake Claremont Press: A Chicago Joint

S. Woodhouse Books

Photo 4.33

Looking north on December 28, 1906. From left to right is the Lockport Powerhouse, the 12- and 48-foot dams and their sector gates, and the navigation lock. The railroad spur, used to supply the equipment to the powerhouse, remained in place until 1928 when construction of thew new state lock east of the District lock required its removal. (MWRD photo 3845)