West by Southwest to Stickney

Chapter 2 Photos, 1–27

(photos 28–54 here and 55–82 here)

Chicago River and South Branch

Show More

© 2020 by Everything Goes Media, LLC

Conspire Creative

Everything Goes Media

Lake Claremont Press

Lake Claremont Press: A Chicago Joint

S. Woodhouse Books

Photo 2.18

The Seipp Building, located on the east bank of the South Branch south of Van Buren Street, required modification after the District purchased part of it for channel widening. Looking northeast on January 18, 1906, a portion of the building was demolished and a new façade constructed from the top down. In addition to paying all costs for building modifications, the District also paid for tenant relocation. (MWRD photo 3301)